Possibly The Coolest Part Time Subscription Box Job Ever
Company info: Our small business is a home-based business located in Post Falls, ID, and most of our work occurs in a shed on the home property. We are goal-oriented and like to be super productive—but we also have fun at work and enjoy schedule flexibility. Plus, we really believe that we are bringing joy to sewists and sparking creativity each and every month (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!).
To be honest, this job is not the most perfect job ever—there is some good news and there is some bad news. Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- You won’t get rich at this job. The pay starts at $17/hour, with room for growth as new tasks are mastered and new skills learned. If you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the "coolest” part time subscription box job ever, it is now the “suckiest” part time subscription box job ever.
- There are no medical or retirement benefits. Instead, team members get to enjoy benefits like schedule flexibility, a boss that actually cares about them as a human being, and a workplace where everyone's creative ideas are taken into consideration.
- Review points 1&2.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working with our founder, Taylar, and helping her with a mix of creative projects, customer support, and product packaging.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done (and though we do sometimes have hard deadlines), we focus on open communication and learning from our mistakes.
- The schedule is pretty flexible. Need to work the first part of the week once in awhile? Great. Going out of town for a trip in the fall? We can totally make it work.
- You will design things, learn about things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do.
- Are you a sewist or creative person (or, do you want to be)? We often have extra fabrics, notions, and DIY items that can be claimed by team members.
- After a 90-day trial period, you get to leave if you hate the work and receive a pay raise if we love you as a team member. Moving forward, we typically have yearly pay evaluations/increases. Plus, looking to become more skilled in an area like email marketing? Pay increases are also associated with new skill mastery.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will be on the computer quite a bit. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer-based stuff will be necessary. The ability to adapt to and learn new technologies, apps, and software programs is super important to this job.
- You will be doing repetitive tasks a lot (like cutting ribbons, putting patterns into envelopes, etc.). So, you need to enjoy these mindless-type tasks while still keeping an eye for detail.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to focus on speed and race through work to get things done—we need you to master the details before adding speed.
- You will be doing some writing/proofreading. So, you need to be able to spot a typo, notice misspelled words, and form a complete sentence.
- You may be doing a little bit of image/design work. So, you can't hate to be creative (and a bit of experience using Canva will help, too).
In short, your job is to help us create really amazing sewing subscription boxes, support our members through (mostly) email communication, and maybe a couple of odds-and-ends like proof-reading a sewing pattern or finding new influencers for us to partner with. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?).
Our work environment is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get-it-done attitude.
Job info: This is a part time, admin/product prep job. The pay starts at $17 an hour and the hours will be 15-20 a week. Hours are flexible but will need to be during "normal" business hours: four-hour shifts, Monday through Friday, between 8-4. You must come into our Post Falls, ID, location three to four times a week (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I am SEW excited for this job” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new team member on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit.
Please send your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.